4.22.2011

Three.

I apologize for not posting the past few days or so, I haven't been in the mood, I suppose.

I have great news and bad news. I think I will start with the bad and end with the good.

My bad news is that Kentucky drivers are the worst in the history of driving. While they may be a very kind and welcoming people, Kentuckians are the most ruthless and rude on the road. I have never had road-rage prior to moving here but I am seriously considering developing it. I was run off the road by a semi yesterday who sped up as I was getting merging on the highway. I have been cut-off multiple times. People don't let you over when you're in the wrong lane and I witnessed 10, yes 10, people go through a red light today. Let's just say, if you ever want to have a peaceful driving experience, do it somewhere else.

In other news, I spent the day with my mom yesterday as it was her day off. We had a lot of fun together. We did what we always do when we get together--went thrifting. It can never get old and we get a couple really good talks in. So it was nice. Don't worry so much about me because I have at least one of my best friends down here to keep me company. :) While shopping I did get some killer boots (Ginger save this for your other blog....)


They're gold, and they're gorgeous and all the lame-os down here in Kentucky can eat it because I'm wearing them every day of my life!

And now for the GREAT news, my friends. You're friend Ginger is the newest employee at Forever 21. BOOYAH! I'm really excited because A. out of all the jobs I applied to, this one has the possibility for the most friends, B. the discount!, and C. I really miss working retail. As stressful as retail is, I really do love it and I can sell pants to an alligator if you let me ;)

So, things are really turning around. I was really down on myself for a couple days because I hadn't achieved what I had wanted to in the first week of my stay here, but it's just like Ginger to turn things around last second. So I'm really thinking this whole northern-girl-in-Kentucky thing might be going in my favor. 

Anyways, TGIF and have a couple beers for me! Love/Miss everyone!

-g

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! I am so glad to hear you're doing well down there, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see you before you left. Congrats on the job. I know you'll do great. Have fun!! <3

    ReplyDelete